During the installation I just search the internet of guide on installing java in linux, and I took down a note for the procedure, this is only my personal reference information but if you want to follow this then you can do so.
1. goto http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp and
download JDK 6
2. on the download page select Linux OS, just skip the create
account window and click the download link for jdk-6u18-linux-i586.bin
3. upload the jdk-6u18-linux-i586.bin to your linux server
4. create a folder for the java : mkdir java
5. move the file to java folder : mv jdk-6u18-linux-i586.bin java/
6. set he owner to root : chmod +x jdk-6u18-linux-i586.bin
7. execute the installer: ./jdk-6u18-linux-i586.bin , press space bar
to continue with more prompt and enter yes for agree
8. to test if java is installed just enter javac , if error command
not found this means your java is not yet register in global path
9. to set the path to Java enter this :
10 to reload the environment enter this: source /etc/profile
To set the path permanently you can do the step below
change to your home directory (ie: /home/myname) and type....
vi .bash_profile (note the fullstop before \'bash\'. This \'.\' makes it a hidden file)
then arrow down until you find the line that looks similar to this.....
type i to enter \'insert\' mode,
(remember to use the \':\' between directory names).
Press the escape key to exit \'insert\' mode,
type :w to write the file
type :q to quit the vi editor
Ok hopefully this is useful to you, on my case I use VPS Linux RedHat and I don\'t get any error during installation, I just posted it here for my own reference only